Le Centre International de Lafayette was created as a division of the City of Lafayette in October of 1989, and officially opened its doors to the public in April 1990, in Lafayette's former city hall. Through the creation of Le Centre International, Lafayette is moving forward with a solid commitment to international trade and tourism development. A variety of trade-related resources are located in Le Centre International, allowing optimal interaction with local and visiting foreign trade development officials and business people. With a strong commitment to trade, Lafayette stands to develop new markets for expanded production and enhanced relationships with our trade/tourism partners.
With the merger of the City and Parish (county) administrations in 1996, Le Centre International became a division of the Executive Office of the Lafayette Consolidated Government.
To learn more about:
- Le Centre International, its mission and the services it provides, click on Mission at the top of this English home page.
- The City/Parish of Lafayette and its surrounding area, go to A Panorama of Lafayette.
- SESAME, the network of 15 medium-size cities (including Lafayette) from around the world, click on SESAME Network.
- Lafayette’s seven sister cities, go to Sister Cities.
- Le Centre International’s listing of seminars, trade missions and special events, click on Calendar.
- Other international resources (with links to their websites) in Lafayette and Acadiana, Louisiana or the USA and worldwide, click on Resources.
- Directions to Le Centre International de Lafayette, 735 Jefferson Street:
Exit 103-A off Interstate 10 to Highway 90 South. Turn right on Jefferson Boulevard.
Le Centre International will be on your left after 6 blocks. Turn left around the statue
onto Lee Avenue for open parking behind or alongside the Le Centre building.