Since its inception in April 1990, the mission of Le Centre International has been to foster an increase in international commerce and tourism in the Lafayette area.
Le Centre International has the following objectives:
- To assist small and medium-sized businesses in the Lafayette area in exporting their products or services abroad through the identification of new markets and expansion of existing markets. Additionally, to assist companies in importing products and/or parts not available in the U.S.
- To promote international tourism, especially cultural tourism,and to attract a greater number of international meetings to the City-Parish of Lafayette and surrounding areas.
- To manage and provide continuity and guidance for Lafayette’s participation in the international economic development Network SESAME.
- To provide support and guidance for Lafayette’s sister-city program and for other active international municipal twinning and networking programs in the region.
Le Centre International offers the following services:
- Identification of trade opportunities and assistance with market research
- One-on-one export counseling
- Trade missions, trade shows and catalog shows abroad Organization of seminars, meetings, briefings and site visits for visiting delegations
- Export financing referrals
- Seminars and workshops
- Public awareness programs